Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2019

Group meeting 2

Today was the second time we have met with other groups to discuss our current work progress. I learned and was just reiterated on a couple of things. I was first told to work on lighting, as a main factor in making the scene more eerie for the viewers would be to keep the lighting dark and lowkey to add to the serial ambiance. I couldn't agree more, so expect a blog on lighting in the horror genre very soon. T his has been said many times before, but many of the other group members did tell us focus more on diegetic and nondiegetic sound rather than dialogue to develop the mood.
I was also pleasantly surprised to hear that the other group members saw our refined plot as really solid. A shot that was also said to be well was  the planned juxtaposition from the production logo into opening house shot, of the graphic match. This would obviously mean we would have to film at night or in a dark room, to be able to match the effect of the dark background of the logo. The other groups also really liked the shot we are planning to end the film opening with, of the map of the city showing different locations of other killings past and present, and the killer crossing out the person he just killed and putting a knife through the person he seemingly will kill next. I also told the group on how I'm planning to get one of my filming friends to help us out, and they sought that as a really good idea and reminded me how we should be the one guiding the shots, obviously. In regards to music, I was told that the edition of a classical music artist such as Beethoven or Mozart will play really well into the opening as many serial killers are portrayed in films as these maniac men who are fanciful and meticulous with there work. I was also given another idea of possibly going out to find actors if we felt that the emotions wouldn't be portrayed well by us, which seems like the route we are going to have to take, due to the lack of dialogue, emotion is crucial. The last things I picked up from this meeting was that, we're not as behind as we think we are, and that we should start picking up some raw footage very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...and we're done

I want to thank the Cambridge program, especially anyone watching, and my teacher Mrs. Stoklosa for giving us this opportunity to spend coun...